Unlike scenarios presented in these clinical studies, TCM doctors usually want to have a minimum of three month of weekly treatment before IVF.
There are many additional benefits that I have observed during my twenty five years of practice:
- It is an effective treatment for unexplained infertility.
- It has many desirable effects, such as a regulated menstrual cycle, reduced premenstrual syndromes (PMS), relieved physical and emotional stresses associated with infertility and subsequent treatment, and improved overall health.
- It has no short-term or long-term side effects.
- It offers new hope for patients who are:
- unable to conceive with the help of ART alone;
- can’t afford ART treatment
- unwilling to use ART technique due to religional, moral or health conditions.
- It is relatively inexpensive and is often covered by private insurance, or even public insurance in British Columbia.